I think these are the crucial things that we need to do during Health Pointe.
- Snack every hour accurately. Carry a watch that has timer. I carry my casio watch wherever I go. Once the timer beep, I will snack. This is something I had never done before. By snacking every hour, it keeps a blood sugar balance, stop craving and last but not least, tell the body that food is easily available. Thus, there isn't a need for the body to store fats.
- Drinks lots of water. This is something that I didn't do enough in the past. When the body is well hydrated, it will flush out toxins and enables the kidney to function optimally. At least I don't feel thirsty this week. Usually, we tend to drink when we feel the thirsty. This is bad for the body.
- Take carbohydrate out of the diet. Well, my diet doesn't really have much carbohydate since I'm not a rice person. I usually get my carbohydrate from vegetables and noodles.
- This diet forces me to take fibre tablets before meal and because of this, I have more than one bowel movement per day. This is excellence because, we should have at least 2 to 3 times a day.
- This diet forces me to take at least 4 Omega 3 per day. In the past, I will only take 2 or some days, not at all. I'm not too sure what it has done to me but one thing for sure, I think I didn't feel so stress. Taking so much oil didn't increase the fat percentage. I know a lot of people who put on weight when they take Omega 3. I wonder what did they do wrong?
- The program encourages us to do at least 10,000 steps per day. As for me, I'm already doing a lot more. But what I discovered was, I have more energy to do my exercise as compared to last time. I felt I can last longer. I tested it by doing bodycombat follow by bodystep. Both are cardio intensive exercises that are not meant for beginners. I was able to last the entire bodystep class without feeling exhausted after combat. Not bad!!!
- If you are obese, just do it. God does not send us sms before he sends heart attack.
- If you are fat % is above the recommended limit, just do it to burn some fats.
- If your hydration level is below the recommended limit, just do it.
Fat%: 17.1% (This is definitely better than before)
Water: 60.5% (Hydration has gone up. This is good for the body)